Sunday 17th March 2019
Sunrise Walk is all about celebrating life and remembering those we love. Join together with your family, friends, colleagues and our hospice community to pay tribute to those who are no longer here with us. Enjoy a 5km walk helping Hospice step by step. On this special day it is your chance to walk in remembrance and honour someone special you love.
The Sunrise Walk 2019 will kick off at the picturesque Botanic Gardens, in Manurewa, Auckland from 8.00am on Sunday 17th March 2019. We know you will have a great morning out in support of Hospice. Everyone is welcome – Corporate Groups, School Groups or Community Groups, as well as individuals and their dogs!
- 5km Walk – kicks off at 8.00am outside the Visitor Centre at the Botanic Gardens
- You must have your Sunrise Walk e-ticket as entry/ID on the day.
- If the Sunrise Walk is not sold out registrations can be made on the morning, the desk will be open from 6.30 till 7.30am adjacent to the Visitor Centre (Hill Road entrance. Please note that the price for registrations on the day will be $40 for the Standard Adult Ticket. Online registrations close at midnight on Saturday 16th March 2019. No registrations can be issued after this date/time and you will need to register on the day at the price above.
- Children: Kids 9 and under are free however, must be walking with a registered adult as their parent or guardian. Kids 10 – 15 must be walking with a registered adult as their parent or guardian
- Free Sausage sizzle for everyone
- This year’s theme is “The colours of the Rainbow” great prizes for the best dressed to theme – even for the dogs that will be walking
- Walking track is suitable for all age groups and push chairs
- Roadside parking is available and enter the Botanic Gardens on foot via Katote Close off Charles Prevost Drive or via Everglade Drive.
- There will be a water station at the assembly area with free water.
- Sunrise Walk has a strict green policy. Please remember to use the litter and recycling facilities available and smoking is not permitted in the courtyard, warm up area, pavilions and Sunrise Walk track.